If you’ve been injured in an accident on a building site or on a construction site and it wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to make a compensation claim.
If those responsible for ensuring the safety of any construction site or building site haven’t followed the relevant statutory guidance, and an accident occurs then there may be very good grounds for you to make a claim.
Can I claim?
You can make a claim if you’re an employee, a sub-contractor working on the site, a visitor to the site and even if you a member of the public on or near the building or construction site.
The causes of accidents on building and construction sites are many and varied. And that’s why you need an experienced legal representative who understands the legislation and can properly assess your case from the outset. That way you can ensure that you get the compensation you deserve and prevent any further accidents occurring.
Recovery Assist Solicitors have a dedicated team of ‘Accident at Work’ experts with years of experience in dealing with people who are injured while working in the construction industry.
Types of building and construction site accidents
Recovery Assist personal injury solicitors have dealt with many cases as a result of a building site or construction site accident including:
- Falls from height on scaffolding or platforms due to poorly-constructed scaffolding, inadequate training or lack of provision of correct equipment
- Failing to erect safety barriers as construction work progresses
- Slips, trips or falls
- Hazards at ground level during ground works
- Heavy machinery
- Faulty tools or equipment
- Working around hazardous and unstable materials
- Hit by vehicle on site
- Lifting loads which are far too heavy either as a result of inadequate training, pressure of work or unavailability of lifting equipment.
- Injury from power tools due to lack of training or poor maintenance of tools themselves.
- Explosion or electrocution
- Cranes with unstable loads or toppling over
- Forklift trucks
We know these types of accidents can be devastating and cause you stress and worry but we will aim to handle your building site accident claim as quickly and professionally as possible.
We’ll also make the whole legal process straightforward for you by speaking to you in plain and simple language so that you understand exactly what is happening.
All our solicitors keep up to date with the latest health and safety regulations and legislation, which means we can give you the very best advice - and, more importantly, win you the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to.
If you are unable to travel, we will visit you in hospital or at home while dealing with your claim. And remember – we act on a ‘no win no fee’ basis.
If you want a legal expert on your side that will talk to you in a friendly, down to earth way while always keeping you informed throughout the claim process, contact us now and we’ll get to work on your claim for construction accident compensation.
What to do if you have an accident
If you are injured in a construction work accident or an accident on a building site follow our simple step by step guide:
- Write down exactly what happened while your memory is still fresh
- Take photographs of the accident location and your injuries
- Get names and addresses of witnesses.
- Seek medical treatment
- Get INDEPENDENT SPECIALIST advice from an expert team – such as the one at Recovery Assist
Call Us on 0161 762 4949
Text 4949 to 88802