Call us now on: 0161 762 4949 Contact us
Slips, Trips or Fall Accidents

Slips on ice or snow claims

Slips, trips and falls because of icy conditions under foot are all too common – but the fact is, they can be avoided. Under section 41 of the Highways Act 1980, the Highways Authority has a responsibility to ensure “so far as is reasonably practicable, that safe passage along a highway is not endangered by snow or ice”.
slips on ice or snow

No Win No Fee Slips on Ice or Snow Claims

Recovery Assist is a leading Slips on Ice or Snow claims solicitors, so we can help you receive the compensation you need and deserve. Call Recovery Assist on 0161 762 4949 or tell us about your accident and we will call you.
Get in touch with Recovery Assist

Click here for more information on No Win No Fee Slips on Ice or Snow Claims

Can I claim if I was at someone’s property?

If you fall on someone's property as a result of snow or ice you may have a claim for compensation against them as the occupier or owner of the land under the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957. For example, this would be the case if you slipped in a car park, hotel or leisure centre. The owner or occupier of the land has a duty to take reasonable care that a visitor is reasonably safe in using the premises for the purposes for which he/she is invited or permitted. This duty is not an absolute one and the court in considering whether or not the owner or occupier has acted reasonably before looking at the facts of the particular accident. For example, the court will consider whether the area had been gritted, whether warning signs were in place, whether there had been a weather warning of snow and ice which was not heeded and how long the ice/snow/frost that caused the incident was present.

What should I do?

If you have been unfortunate enough to have had an accident because of a slip or trip due to snow or ice, remember to take details of any witnesses to the accident as soon as possible. And if you can take photographs of the area, all the better! You should also attend your GP surgery or hospital and make sure that you explain how and where your injuries were sustained.

Would You Like To Speak To One Of Our Experts For Free Advice?