According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) the number of injuries at work has reduced substantially over the past decade.
However, there are still too many happening on a daily basis in factories and warehouses across the UK.
Injuries in factories, warehouses and in the workplace can be varied and could mean you may be entitled to make a claim. Injuries can occur as a result of:
- Lack of training or induction procedures
- Defective machinery or equipment
- Failure to provide employees with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Electric shock or electrocution
- Exposure to dangerous substances
- Fork lift truck accidents
- Manual handling (bending, lifting, pulling or reaching)
- Being hit by falling objects
- Slips trips or falls from uneven or slippery floor surfaces or un-cleared spillages
- Slips trips or falls due to walkways not being kept clear of obstructions
- Poor ventilation, lighting or air quality
- Industrial deafness
- Health and Safety procedures not being followed
- Report the accident immediately to your supervisor or manager
- Make sure that the accident is accurately recorded in the accident report book. Your employer has to record the details of all accidents and the record may be vital evidence in your case
- Prepare a detailed sketch plan of the incident as soon as possible. This should clearly show the location of the defect and any warning signs present. Also this should show any other relevant information such as location of any witnesses
- Obtain contact details for any witnesses to the accident
- If possible, take photographs of the location of the accident and whatever it was that caused your accident
- Seek medical treatment
- Keep a list of all expenses which you incur as a result of the accident and hold onto any receipts
Can I claim?
Workplace accidents can be complex and difficult to resolve. But here at Recovery Assist, our team of personal injury lawyers have a wealth of experience to draw on when it comes to dealing with accidents in the workplace and intricate employer liability cases.
Our specialist department deals with accident at work compensation claims in virtually every type of workplace. So you can leave it to us to ask the right questions which can result in winning you the compensation you deserve.
If you think you have suffered a factory accident and believe you have a claim for personal injury compensation, why not call us on 0161 762 494? Or if you prefer, you can complete our simple accident at work claim form.
We will provide thorough accident at work compensation advice, information on employment-related issues and benefit advice where appropriate. Our experienced solicitors will help you claim compensation on a no win no fee basis.
If you have not been paid since the work-related accident or you are on sick pay then we understand that your financial position may be critical. But at Recovery Assist, we will seek an advance payment of work accident compensation where possible.
What should I do if I suffer an accident at work?
It’s imperative that you follow the advice of our personal injury solicitors and:
And most importantly, seek legal advice from Recovery Assist Solicitors immediately!
Call Us on 0161 762 4949
Text 4949 to 88802